Adhesion; Cesarean section; Childbirth; Cystitis - acute; Cystocele; Cystometric study; Cystoscopy; Eclampsia; Episiotomy; Hormone therapy; Hysterectomy; Menopause; Osteoporosis; Stress urinary incontinence; Urethritis; Urge incontinence; Urinary incontinence; Uterine anatomy; Uterine artery embolization; Uterine fibroids; Uterine prolapse; Vaginal birth - series; Vaginal cysts; Vaginal tumors; Gynecology; Obstetrics; Pelvic reconstructive surgery; Minimally invasive surgery; Birth and delivery; Perimenopause; Minimally invasive gynecological surgery
Owen C. Montgomery, MD, is the chairman of the Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology. A specialist in female pelvic reconstructive surgery, Dr. Montgomery has explored a range of concerns throughout his career, including gender education; the provision of care to underserved women, both nationally and internationally; electronic medical records; and the prevention of sexual assault.
Dr. Montgomery sees patients in Center City Philadelphia.
Awards and Honors
- Named "Top Doctor" by Philadelphia magazine (2011, 2012, 2013, and 2014)
- Past president, Philadelphia Obstetrical Society
- Executive board, American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG)
- Chairman of ACOG District III – Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware and the Dominican Republic
In the News
- "Group behind wearable fetal monitor prep for clinical trial of smart fabric"
MedCity News (October 16, 2014)
- "Pa. law mandates information with Down syndrome diagnosis"
Philadelphia Inquirer (August 19, 2014)
- "Pa. law requires expectant parents be given information on Down syndrome after diagnosis"
WHYY-FM (August 19, 2014)
- "At Drexel lab, wearable tech taking shape"
Philadelphia Inquirer (August 17, 2014)
- "The Link Between Birth-Control Pills and Breast Cancer"
The Atlantic (August 1, 2014)
- "Some newer birth control pills may boost breast cancer risk, Fred Hutch study finds"
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center (August 1, 2014)
- "Check Up: Rate of induced delivery drops in the U.S."
Philadelphia Inquirer (June 29, 2014)
- "Drexel team develops 'belly band' to monitor contractions of pregnant women"
WHYY (May 21, 2014)
- "AMPUS LIFE: Drexel researcher creates 'smart' fabric"
Courier-Post (May 21, 2014)
- "Doctors Debate Whether Screening For Domestic Abuse Helps Stop It"
NPR (May 14, 2014)
- "Faculty Physicians Named Top Docs"
(May 1, 2014)
- "Drexel professors, Cecil business aim to change surgical testing"
Cecil Whig (April 3, 2014)
- Drexel Health Q&A Series
Philly.com (September 9, 2013)
- "Drexel Medical School Uses Lifelike Manikin to Teach Caesarean Sections"
KYW Newsradio (May 2013)
- "Drexel Physicians Named "Top Docs" by Philadelphia Magazine"
(May 2, 2013)
- "Taking the Alternative Route to Medical Discoveries"
Jewish Exponent (April 25, 2013)
- "Register for The 2013 Philadelphia Area Promise Walk for Preeclampsia"
ChesterCountyMoms.com (March 27, 2013)
- "Smart fabric could be cheap, non-invasive way to monitor complications in pregnancy"
MedCity News (November 2012)
- "Drexel Physicians Named 'Top Docs' by Philadelphia Magazine"
(May 1, 2012)
M.D., Hahnemann University, Philadelphia, PA
Yale University, New Haven, CT
Chief Resident - Jefferson Medical College, Philadelphia, PA
Jefferson Medical College, Philadelphia, PA