Women's Care Center at Drexel Obstetrics and Gynecology
The Women's Care Center makes high-quality gynecologic care available to all women. We provide routine well-woman exams, pap tests and breast exams, and treat concerns related to menstruation, menopause and fertility. We also help you to take charge of your own well-being with health education and nutrition counseling programs.
The Women's Care Center Services
- Annual exams and PAP testing
- Treatment for fibroids and pelvic disorders
- Hormonal balance assessments
- Menopause evaluations and treatments, including alternative therapies
- Sexually transmitted disease (STD) risk assessment, testing, and treatment
- Rapid testing for Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) and counseling
- An oral specimen collection device
- Your HIV test results in 20 minutes
- Walk-in pregnancy testing and options counseling
- Prenatal care, including high risk specialty obstetrical care
- Individual nutritional and WIC programs
- Psychosocial counseling services
- Fertility testing and diagnosis
- Tubal ligations
- Specialty clinics, including adolescent obstetrics
Family planning services
- A comprehensive range of contraceptive methods, including emergency supplies, counseling, and educational programs
- Contraceptive supplies
- Free condoms
- Birth control pills
- Orthro-Evra™ (the "patch")
- Nuva Ring™ (vaginal contraceptive ring)
- Emergency contraception ("morning-after pill")
All insurance types are accepted from our patients. For our family planning patients, our services are offered at reduced or no-fee rates. Teenagers are eligible for services at no charge.
The information on these pages is provided for general information only and should not be used for diagnosis or treatment, or as a substitute for consultation with a physician or health care professional. If you have specific questions or concerns about your health, you should consult your health care professional.
The images being used are for illustrative purposes only; any person depicted is a model.